Father's Love — A given

He Really Cares

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
Beloved, now we are the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.”—1 John 3:1 & 2

A new convert came to a preacher saying, “No matter how much I pray, no matter how hard I try, I simply cannot seem to be faithful to my Lord. I think I’m losing my salvation. The preacher responded, “Do you see my dog here? He is my dog. He is house-trained; he never makes a mess; he is obedient; he is a pure delight to me. Out in the kitchen I have a son, a baby son. He makes a mess, he throws his food around, he fouls his clothes, he is a total mess. But who is going to inherit my legacy? Not my dog; my son is my heir. You are Jesus Christ’s heir because it is for you that He died. We are children of God and heirs of His kingdom, not through our perfection but by His grace.

What is Sin?
SIN is an acronym for Self Induced Need. Something you try to control, accomplish without God’s help, or without including Him in your plans. This leaves you alone in your pursuits, showing that you do not want or trust God or His partnership in this world or the kingdom to which He invites you. In Spanish the word ‘sin’ means ‘without.’ So it seems that, ‘without’ God you are in ‘sin.’

Can we be His sons while we choose to violate His laws?
Jesus, our Example of a true Son, Who came and lived with us to show us the way to love and worship the Father and live a lifestyle, which is contrasted by the sinful way Satan wants keep us so we lose our inheritance.

The Battle for the mind.
But the battle for us and God is the battle for our minds. Who do we wish to be with for eternity, and with whom we would rather choose to have as our best forever Friend, no matter where we are? He love us without preconceived rules, and has promised us an inheritance far beyond anything we could imagine.

Two choices. You must choose only one.
The choice should be clear; to chose and hold on to Jesus, our elder brother, who promises to show us the true character of the Father, and take us to Him at the end of this present world.

God Bless.

No comments: